Yobe Gov. Blames Army for School Attack

2018 NECO GCE (Nov/Dec) – Revised Final Timetable (See Details) – Click Here


Online Recruitment for Marketers (All States In Nigeria) – Click Here to Apply Online

The Governor of Yobe State, Ibrahim Gaidam, has blamed the Nigeria military for the attack on Dapchi town and the abduction of school girls from the community by Boko Haram. Gaidam said the attack came barely a week after the military withdrew troops from the town.

He said if the soldiers had been on ground, the attack on the town and subsequent abduction of school girls would not have been possible.
Gaidam said this when he hosted the Borno State Governor, Kashim Shettima, who was in Damaturu on a sympathy visit.

Read Also  Liberia Presidential Election: Runoff Between Weah, Boakai Slated For November 7

“I blame the whole attack on Dapchi on the military and the defence headquarters who withdrew troops from Dapchi. The attack occurred barely a week after the military withdrew the soldiers from there,” the Yobe Governor said. “Before then, Dapchi has been peaceful, there was never such incident. But just a week after they withdrew the troops, Boko Haram came to attack the town.

The Governor said the Dapchi incident was not the first time the absence of soldiers in the Boko Haram troubled state would be expose residents to such kind of attacks. He also recalled that in 2013, a secondary school in Buni-Yadi was attacked a week after the military removed soldiers guarding the town. At least 29 students were killed in that attack.

Read Also  APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primaries

“Let me be quoted anywhere, the military must take blame for the attack on Dapchi. The same thing happened in 2013 when the military suddenly removed troops guarding the town and a week later Boko Haram went there to attack the town and the secondary school there killing 29 students.”
Earlier on Sunday, Governor Shettima who was in Damaturu on behalf of the Northern Governors’ Forum which he heads, expressed his sympathy to the government and people of Yobe State over the “unfortunate incident”.

Download e-books for education and research for FREE - Click Here

“On behalf of the 19 Northern Governors’ forum, we have come to show our sympathy and let you know that we are with you in this traumatic period,” he said. Shettima called on the security agencies to ensure the abducted girls are rescued on time.

Read Also  #AnambraDecides2017: Yul Edochie denies stepping down; fake video in circulation

Follow Us on FACEBOOK, TWITTER

Click Here to Join Newsnow Nigeria WhatsApp Group for Breaking News Alerts

Do You Know Nigeria? Attempt 10 simple questions on Nigeria for FREE and Win FREE N500 Airtime – Click Here to Participate!

For your news articles, press release, Breaking News, send e-mail to [email protected]