We’ve only recovered 15% of Diezani loot, says Magu

2018 NECO GCE (Nov/Dec) - Revised Final Timetable (See Details) - Click Here

The Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibrahim Magu, on Thursday, said only about 15 per cent of funds allegedly misappropriated by a former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, had been recovered.

Magu, who said the commission was working with the United Kingdom on her case, noted that efforts were being made to extradite her back to Nigeria.

The anti-corruption boss, who spoke during a courtesy visit of the principal officers of the commission to The PUNCH Place, Magboro, on Thursday, vowed never to give up until all the money stolen from the country was recovered.

He said, “We are working on the process of Diezani’s extradition. But we have to allow them (the UK government) because we are collaborating.

There is the National Crime Agency and the Crown Prosecution Service in London, and our colleagues, the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation in America.

We had cause to meet in London. I was there myself for about a week. We are working not only on the Diezani case; but the Diezani case has become a test case.

Download e-books for education and research for FREE - Click Here

Follow Us on FACEBOOK, TWITTER

Do You Know Nigeria? Attempt 10 simple questions on Nigeria for FREE and Win FREE N500 Airtime - Click Here to Participate!

Click Here to Join Newsnow Nigeria WhatsApp Group for Breaking News Alerts

For your news articles, press release, Breaking News, send e-mail to [email protected]